Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Multiplication and division term 3

Multiplication

My goal is to use rounding to solve multiplication problems.

I have learned how to round numbers up to a tidy number to help me

Example:
18 x 5 =

I can round the 18 to 20
20 x 5 = 100
2 x 5 = 10
100 - 10 = 90
                                                                                          This is some of my multiplication work.



Division

My learning goal is to solve division problems with remainders.

I have learned how to use my times tables to help me solve division problems by thinking about how many times a number goes into another number.

Example:
44 ÷ 7 = 6 r 2
7 x 6 = 42
So 7 goes into 44 6 times with 2 remaining


This is some of my division work













My next learning goal is to learn my times tables more so that I know them up to the 10 times table.


No comments:

Post a Comment